Download this information (PDF file)
NIMS City ICS Training©
True tabletop training model for ICS gaming, and simulation. Tabletop exercise system that can be adapted to model rural, industrial, urban and airport environments for NIMS-ICS responder training.
Product is for those who practice incident command (IC) on an everyday basis and for those who are learning to be a part of any community incident response plan that is compliant to USDHS-NIMS standards.
Used to test response plan implementation, teach and measure interagency coordination, cooperation and communication following ICS procedures. The incident response operational tool/system is applicable to all domestic and military responders.
Product Attributes: Compact Training System, Easy to Transport and Assemble.
- Non-Electronic Simulation
- Simulation Game per ODP/ DHS HSEEP standards
- Student Learning Aid
- Instructor/Facilitator Teaching Aid:
- AAR Capability
- Small multi-user team (up to 25 persons)
- Large multi-user team (more than 25 persons)
- Multi-Agency Roles & Participation
- Multi discipline ñresponder tools and actions for: EMS, EM, HazMat, fire, police, public works, transportation services, ground/air/rail, private industry and business
Target Audience: Responders, Command officials, Instructors, Facilitators, Local, State and Federal Officials, Incident Support Responders and private industry/ business.
Student Level:ICS — Basic, Intermediate & Advanced training, Performance level (operations), Technician (specialist), and WMD competency levels. Planning & Management for senior and executive level officials.
Training Types and supports for US BOJ/ OPD & DHS NIMS 00 ICS: Pre training, part task and whole task training for any ICS/ HSEEP training. Active User (responder) decision making, & enhanced communications, Functional and Full Scale Exercise planning & development, Command Post Exercise & Functional Area Command training, Incident Support, Operational Hands-on & Post Incident Analysis capabilities.
Note: National Sole Source provider
NIMS City ICS Training system includes:
- 3 tabletop plastic laminated flexible boards: layouts depict an urban, rural, roadway and mid-size airport scene.
- ICS instructor toolbox contains action training aids that support ICS position titles and operational task for each of the listed functions:
- Highway/Public Works Incident Management
- Fire/Rescue/EMS & Hazardous Materials, WMD
- Law Enforcement
- Mass Casualty Incidents
- Maritime response; harbor and mass rescue operations
- Emergency Management — EOC functions
- HICS, Hospital Command Center Functions
- Special events planning
- Unified & Area Command
- Model 1/87 scale vehicles for Highway traffic simulation: 18 vehicles included: Fire Engines, Ladder Truck, Ambulances, Police Car, Tactical unit, & cars.
- Visual aids include: 100 separate 3D pictures of vehicle for large incident management. 3D pictures of buildings and homes. Highway incident lane closure overlays (MUTCD) traffic barrels and cones. ICS command boards, ICS 201 & 203 forms, Mass Casualty victim cards for triage and law enforcement interaction, and ICS Organizational Chart and Initial Company Officer Work Charts.
- Resources provided allows for a complete ICS process to be developed on each layout based on user scenarios.
Items support: Federal NIMS-ICS plan, FIRESCOPES Field Operational Guide (June 2004 edition), and Resource Kind and Typing list from the USDHS/NIC list as of December 2004.